Thursday, April 30 Update
After closely reviewing the guidelines laid out by Governor Abbott and the Texas Dental Association this week, we are pleased to announce that Cypress Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery will return to our regular operating schedule beginning Monday, May 4.
We will be open for consultations and surgeries Monday through Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm and Friday 8:00am-2:00pm
Our practice will continue to implement safeguards against the spread of COVID-19, such as:
- Virtual Waiting Room: When patients arrive, we ask that they give us a phone call from their vehicle. When the doctor is ready, we’ll call the patient and have them come directly into an operatory, skipping the reception area entirely.
- Only the patient or a close representative responsible for the well-being of the patient will be allowed into the office in an effort to limit exposure to both our patients and staff.
- We ask everyone to apply hand sanitizer and undergo a temperature checks immediately upon entering the office: Patients and close representatives alike.
- Our office is a Hand-Shake Free zone as a simple yet effective way to prevent the spread of germs.
- Every member of our staff will continue to wear face coverings and gloves when interacting directly with patients.
These special measures are in addition to the meticulous cleaning, sterilization, and protective measures above and beyond FDA guidelines that our surgery practices every day.
We look forward to continuing to provide our community dental care to the highest caliber and hope to see you and your family soon.
Monday, March 23 Update
We know COVID-19 is serious but we also know that dental emergencies shouldn’t be put on hold. It is our duty and honor to care for our patients to the best of our abilities, respecting their decision to entrust us with their care by providing the safest environment possible.
With that in mind, we are currently open for emergency surgeries only.
If you are having any tooth pain/third molar pain, facial swelling, or have a history of trauma we are happy to see you in our office for a scheduled appointment.
Today through Friday, May 1, we plan to be open Monday-Friday 9:00am – 1:00pm, however, the exact days and hours that we are open will vary depending on the surgical schedule so we encourage giving us a call before arriving. We sincerely appreciate your understanding.
Tuesday, March 17 Update
We know this is a nerve-racking time, and we get it- the last thing any of us want to do is expose ourselves to or spread disease. The good news is that our patient’s safety and health has been our highest priority for years, long before the outbreak of COVID-19.
Here’s an idea of the detailed care we put into each and every procedure:
- Without fail, we wear single-use gloves and surgical masks along with eye protection.
- Our equipment is either single-use or meticulously sterilized in accordance with and often beyond FDA guidelines.
- Every work surface and item touched throughout patient interactions are cleaned with a high-quality disinfectant that kills spores, bacteria, and viruses.
- Regardless of the interaction, our team thoroughly washes their hands before every patient encounter.
Over the last few weeks, we’ve implemented a few additional safeguards:
- Each patient will have their temperature checked shortly after being brought back into an operatory.
- Only the patient or a close representative responsible for the well-being of the patient is allowed past reception.
- We have implemented a Virtual Waiting Room for our patients or guests that prefer to distance themselves from others as much as possible and wait in their vehicles.
- Our office is now a Hand-Shake Free zone as a simple yet effective way to prevent the spread of germs.
In an overabundance of caution, we are also asking the following screening questions of every person that schedules an appointment over the phone or enters our practice:
- In the last week have you experienced fever, coughing, or difficulty breathing?
- Have you traveled internationally within the last three months?
- Have you had close contact with a person who is under investigation or confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
We reschedule appointments for patients that answer “yes” to any of these questions.
We know COVID-19 is serious but we also know that dental health, especially when pain is involved, shouldn’t be put on hold. It is our duty and honor to care for our patients to the best of our abilities, respecting their decision to entrust us with their care by providing the safest environment possible.
Dr. Bader Abdeen, DDS, MD
Dr. Alex Bachoura, DDS, MD
Dr. Andrew Michael, DDS, MD
Dr. Howard Price, DDS
Dr. Christopher Thang, DDS
Dr. Simon Young, DDS, MD, PHD